Monday, April 20, 2009

It's not Monticello but...

Garden has been positioned, beds built with straw, manure, seaweed and composted maple leaves. Wet down then covered with tarp or plastic. I laid the builders paper down first for most of it. I have ordered some rolled split bamboo fencing, 39 inches high. It will provide the visual barrier I need to keep it "looking protestant." I am planning on two gates. Built a z frame red cedar gate yesterday. Spent some time today researching speakeasy grilles, I think one would be fun at the kids level. They are expensive though so I am thinking of substitute grille such as decorative floor vents. I'll be finishing the gates in a tung oil/turpentine finish. Gate pictures coming soon but it's night and pouring rain at the moment.



New emerald green arborvitaes planted where the future small sun patio will be. Ornamental grasses will join the fun.


















Can you see the turkey in this picture? We saw him walking through the neighbor's yard. Close on his heels was little Saki, a hilarious scene if ever there was one. The kids and I all saw it laughed for a good long while. Saki is 1/5th the size of this bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment