Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring is a frantic time!

For the Gardener that is. I never have trouble sleeping, except on occasion. Now is one of those times where my mind is racing with possibilities. A new garden to build! DH will just faint when it comes together. He has no idea. But if the White House can break ground for a kitchen garden then surely I can expand my humble plot! I CAN'T WAIT to be off on vacation next week. Granted, the kids will be off and I will want to spend time with them but fortunately they enjoy my jaunts to the beach, the woods, stables. Lots of free stuff to be had. I should get a drip irrigation set up. Will have to check the home centers. Looked last weekend and there was Nada. Probably because we are not a drought ridden area? Who knows. Growing in the greenhouse just now are the lettuce transplants I picked up this past Sunday.

















The other side holds the rosemary (I have forgotten the variety), potatoes in grow bags and the fig. It was planted in the ground over the Winter, probably is dead but the greenhouse will let me know that. I planted some spindly lettuce and kale starts I had but the rain today and chill weather tonight don't bode well for them. It will be time to direct seed (if it isn't already).























Meanwhile their brethren lay in wait in the basement:

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Linda...looked over your blog (didn't know you had one)...looks like you have a nice outlet. Keep up the good work! I'll check back...

    ReplyDelete